Allenview North Coach Park
Conversion to Alternative Car or Coach Parking
The Allenview North Coach Park has been lined with blue coach parking bays overlaid with white car parking bays, to enable it to be reserved for pre-booked coaches only or alternatively for cars only.
Coach parking permits must be pre-booked by the coach company using the form: ‘Free coach parking application form’. Coaches that arrive without a pre-booked permit will be unable to access the parking area.
Wimborne Tourist Information Centre (WTIC) administers the coach parking permits once the application form is received.
For Terms and Conditions of coach parking, please click here.
When not operating as a coach park this area of Allenview North Car Park is dedicated to cars only using the pay & display ticket machines.
- Coach direction signs within the Allenview car park can be amended to show which parking mode is in operation.
At the entrance to the Allenview North Coach/Car Park there are two signs with a centre hinge that can be locked to the left or right position, permitting “Coach Permit Holders Only” or “Cars Only” depending on which way the sign is hinged.
- Upon receipt of a permit request via the Wimborne BID website, WTIC will issue to the coach company in the post, the permit, a voucher for the driver for money off food, a location plan and covering letter
- At least 5 working days in advance of the date that the permit applies, WTIC notify the Council’s parking team of the booking via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Council’s parking team will respond to the WTIC to confirm receipt of the booking.
- CEOs are to change the above signs on the entrance to the car/coach parking area and to check whether any cars are parked displaying a permit. If there are, CEO’s will notify the vehicle owners that their car must vacate the car/coach parking area by a certain date and time.
- CEOs are to change the entrance signs back when the Coach permit(s) have expired.
Conditions of Use
- The Coach Parking Permit is only valid for the day(s) displayed on the permit. Parking is limited to between the times of 07:00 and 23:30 each day. Overnight parking is not permitted.
- The Coach Parking Permit must be displayed and visible through the front windscreen of the vehicle in a manner such that the whole of the Permit is legible from outside the vehicle.
- The coach must be parked wholly within one of the six blue lined coach parking bays.
- The coach engine must not be left running while the coach is parked in the coach park.
- The Coach Parking Permit is not transferable and is not valid on any vehicle except that specified on the Application Form and shown on the Permit.
- The issue of a Coach Parking Permit is subject to the vehicle being of a type authorised and used in accordance with the Parking Order(s) currently in force. The Council reserves the right to withdraw the use of a Coach Parking Permit or issue a Penalty Charge Notice for infringements of the Parking Order(s) or these Conditions of Use.
Parking of Larger Vehicles in Wimborne Car Parks
Prior to the conversion of the coach park to the alternatives of car only or coach only parking, larger vehicles that did not fit into a standard car parking bay were allowed to park in the coach park. This included cars towing trailers or caravans and larger camper vans. These vehicles will no longer be able to park in the coach park.
These larger vehicles, excluding goods vehicles over 1800kg, are now able to park in any Council owned car park in Wimborne subject to the purchase of a pay and display ticket for each parking bay fully or partially occupied. The larger vehicles, however, cannot park in Rowlands Hill (Waitrose), Crown Mead (Co-op), High Street or Walford Mill car parks as these car parks are not under the direct control of the Council. Motorists will need to take their own decisions on which car parks may be suitable for their vehicle. The sign below will be displayed in the car parks where this applies.